Searching a Range for a number over 40

  1. #1
    annem
    Guest

    Searching a Range for a number over 40

    I have a row of numbers that containing hours worked and I want to know if
    any of them are over 40. What formula should I use to tell if there are any?
    It seemed that an IF statement something like this would work.
    =IF(A3:cc3>40,"yes","no") but I'm not sure what the proper syntax for the
    range is. Because I get the error #VALUE!. Simple I'm sure, but I can't
    find it in Help. Annem

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    RE: Searching a Range for a number over 40

    Hi Annem

    One option
    =IF(COUNTIF(A3:CC3,">40"),"yes","no")

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD

    julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

  3. #3
    annem
    Guest

    RE: Searching a Range for a number over 40

    Works Great !!! Thanks !