random number generation

  1. #1

    random number generation

    Hello...Hopefully somebody can help, because I no longer remember how to do this. I am trying to populate a random number list. I need 137 different random numbers , with the numbers between 10000 and 99999. If anyone knows how to do this, you are my hero.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: random number generation

    First off, you'll need the "Analysis TookPak" Add-In installed. To do this,
    click TOOLS, then ADD-INS, then check the box next to "Analysis TookPak".

    Then you can use the following formula:

    =RANDBETWEEN(10000,99999)

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Arenlor
    Guest

    RE: random number generation

    also if you need unique numbers just search for random number generator in
    excel worksheet functions on this site, there is one there that should help
    with that, oh and that formula randomizes everytime you recalculate, so just
    press F9 to recalculate.

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: random number generation

    If you *don't* have the ATP installed, you can use this formula:

    =INT(RAND()*90000+10000)
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: random number generation

    Hello,

    Select cells A1:A137 and enter

    =UniqRandInt(99999-10000+1)+10000-1

    as array formula (press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to enter)

    Use my UDF UniqRandInt() from
    http://www.sulprobil.com/html/uniqrandint.html

    A small optimization: set
    #Const LATE_INITIALISATION = TRUE

    This will speed up the routine a little bit.

    Regards,
    Bernd