Store an image inside a cell?

  1. #1

    Store an image inside a cell?

    Can a small GIF or JPG image be stored inside of a cell, or somehow otherwise associated with it?

    Many Thx

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Store an image inside a cell?

    There are a couple different ways you could do this. The first would be to
    select "Insert" from the menu bar and then "Picture", then "From File".
    Select your GIF or JPG and then resize and place on your sheet where you
    want. If you right-click on that picture, and then select "Format Picture"
    then go to the "Properties" Tab, you can set it to move with cells. Thus it
    won't really be associated with any particular cell, but its positioning will
    stay relative to the cell you've place it on.

    The second method would be to insert a Comment into the cell. Select
    "Insert" from the menu bar, then "Comment". This creates a little balloon
    window that appears whenever you move the mouse over that cell. Then go back
    to the "Insert" menu and select "Edit Comment". Delete any text that is in
    the Comment Window then click the outer edge of the comment (so you are no
    longer editing the text within). Then right-click the edge and select
    "Format Comment". Then select the "Colors and Lines" Tab and for Fill Color
    choose "Fill Effects..." Then select the "Picture" tab and choose your
    picture file.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    The cell comment idea was perfect.

    Many Thx!

  4. #4
    I had another related question

    I can manually get the pic into the comment but when I try to use a macro to automate the process it keeps getting hung up. I recorded the following in the exact order:

    but it keeps getting hung up here:

    when I try to execute the macro. Have any ideas?

    Thx