How to update one manually-entered value from another?

  1. #1
    1robc57
    Guest

    How to update one manually-entered value from another?

    I have a cell (E5) which represents a manually entered value "Inventory" (say
    10), in J5 the user enters 5 to reflect "Damaged Inventory Discarded". I want
    E5 to decrement by this J5 value to reflect the correct inventory value of 5.
    How is this done/what function or for,ula.
    Thanx - rc

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How to update one manually-entered value from another?

    Hi!

    See this:

    http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    1robc57
    Guest

    Re: How to update one manually-entered value from another?

    Much thanx - just what I needed!