HELP - 5% INCREASE

  1. #1
    sjuncker
    Guest

    HELP - 5% INCREASE

    My Boss had me type up an updated Price Book for our Company, which I did in
    Excel. This took me over a week to do as it is many, many pages long. She
    came back from a meeting yesterday & said her Boss informed her that he wants
    every price in the Book increased by 5%!!!!!!!!! Somebody please tell me
    there's an easy way to somehow apply a formula to the entire document that
    increases each cell by 5%. If I have to address each cell individually I
    think I'm going to cry!!
    -Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Don't worry, you can put the tissue box away.

    In an empty cell type: 1.05

    Now copy that cell

    Next, highlight all the cells you want to increase by 5%

    Now click on Edit > Paste Special and in the "Operation" area choose Multiply

    Now click OK

    All done, no crying. Now delete the 1.05 that you typed in that empty cell

  3. #3
    sjuncker
    Guest

    Re: HELP - 5% INCREASE

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)

  4. #4
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    You're very welcome.

    Tell your boss it took a long time to change all the prices and ask for a raise.