How do I merge cells without losing cell values?

  1. #1
    Sean
    Guest

    How do I merge cells without losing cell values?

    I have a contact sheet with Names, Phone Numbers, Titles and Companies. Here
    is my desired end state. I want to create a macro that will allow me to
    search by company name or title and have the entire row (name, number,
    company and title) copied and pasted on a new sheet. For example, I want to
    find all the people on my spreadsheet who are Operation Managers. Then I want
    only those people copied and pasted on a new sheet in the workbook to allow
    easier contact, so I don't have to search through 600 names to find 30 Ops
    Managers. Any ideas out there?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I merge cells without losing cell values?

    Sean,

    Extra sheets of the same information would be a bad idea. Instead, use an
    autofilter on your database of contacts. Then just filter on title for
    Operation Managers, and you will have your list.

    Bernie

    news:[email protected]...