Locking a Worksheet

  1. #1
    at_a_loss
    Guest

    Locking a Worksheet

    Does anyone know how to make a worksheet into a templete so that you can
    delete the new data but not the form? I need HELP!

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Locking a Worksheet

    Hi

    To create a template, you set up your sheet the way you want it, eg a blank
    invoice with all the necessary formulae, logo's etc. Instead of just saving
    it, you save it as a .xlt. From then on, you open the .xlt, and once filled
    in, save it as a .xls. Best way of doing this is through a button to
    activate a save macro, especially if you want to use detail from the filled
    in form, eg a number, as the file name. I normally let the macro print and
    save the file. This way, your .xlt remains as is, and is used over and over.

    hth