Creating Inventory Macros

  1. #1
    Rubix
    Guest

    Creating Inventory Macros

    I am using Excel to keep track of monthly inventory and I need to
    input stock on daily basis. Column A has a 6 didget stock numbers
    approx. 300 items and I have an in & out column for each day of the
    month. I need to remain in one column while I find the stock no.
    according to the day.

    Ex.

    #112233 input 2 to day March 7

    #112233 being Column A98, March 7 being column Q entered into Q98 in 2
    pcs.

    Stock no. #2666 A56 entered to Q56. Each time I enter a stock no. the
    highlited cell will remain in column Q until request to change day of
    month.

    Need macro to enter date, another to find stock cell.

    Currently using macro below but offset would not be used because
    offset continuously changes daily.

    Sub Macro1()
    Dim ans
    Dim cell As Range
    ans = InputBox("Enter Stock number")
    If ans <> False Then
    Set cell = Cells.Find(What:=ans, _
    After:=Range("A1"), _
    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False, _
    SearchFormat:=False)
    If Not cell Is Nothing Then
    cell.Offset(0, 4).Select

    Thanks,
    Rube

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Creating Inventory Macros

    Try something like:

    If Not cell Is Nothing Then
    cell.Offset(0, Day(Date)+1).Select

    This will offset 15 columns to the riht (14/03/2006)

    AP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rubix
    Guest

    Re: Creating Inventory Macros

    Thanks for your response Ardus. Sorry I did not mention, inventory is
    not entered on a daily basis. I previously used Lotus. Looking to do
    the same here if possible. One function selected the day of the month
    and remained in the column until change of day. The other function
    found the stock item number and inventory was entered that way.

    Rube