check marks in excel cells using your mouse

  1. #1
    loco
    Guest

    check marks in excel cells using your mouse

    Is there a way to format an excel cell where a check mark will appear by
    using a mouse click in that cell. I was thinking I saw this before, but
    cannot remember how to do it.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: check marks in excel cells using your mouse

    You can do view>toolbars and select forms then click the check mark and hold
    down alt and click in a cell

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: check marks in excel cells using your mouse

    loco, you could also use some code to do it, like this

    'Will put a check mark in A1:A10 when you click in it
    'change range to your range
    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
    Target.Font.Name = "Marlett"
    If Target = vbNullString Then
    Target = "a"
    Else
    Target = vbNullString

    To put in this code right click on the worksheet tab and view code, in the
    window that opens paste this code, press Alt and Q to close this window and
    to change the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the
    security settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to
    medium

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003