Percentages

  1. #1
    Hotpants0063
    Guest

    Percentages

    I have worked out percentages, but want my total to include a different cell:
    example I have starting figure in cell A1, iA2 is total is minus 50% of A1,
    A3 is total of A2 minus 10% of A2, I now want A4 to equal A3 minus 10% of A1,
    How do I achieve this?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Percentages

    Seems simple with what you have so maybe I don't understand, but

    =A1*90%

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lowkey
    Guest

    Re: Percentages

    Not quite.

    Hotpants, try =A3(A1*90%) in cell A4.

  4. #4
    Lowkey
    Guest

    Re: Percentages

    Ooops!

    =A3-(A1*90%)

  5. #5
    Hotpants0063
    Guest

    Re: Percentages

    Thanks all for the help,,,but after trying your formula of A1*90%, i realised
    that it should have been A1*10%,,,and it worked,,,
    --
    Katy