Use VLookup for range of cells, but with a twist

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Use VLookup for range of cells, but with a twist

    Hi

    I have a workbook in which Sheet1 contains a list of unique enquiry
    numbers in column E, and a name in column C.

    Sheet 2 also contains the same data - Name in column A; enquiry number
    in column B and a third column C with a numeric value in it (time spent
    on enquiry).

    I need to create a formula that will look at the value from E in Sheet
    1, match it to a value in B in Sheet 2, then compare the name in column
    A Sheet2 to column C in Sheet1. If I have a complete match then I want
    to input value from C in Sheet 2 into a new column in sheet 1.

    Can anyone help, or perhaps point out a more simpler way of getting
    this data across?

    Many thanks.

  2. #2
    xlbo
    Guest

    RE: Use VLookup for range of cells, but with a twist

    Hi

    Simply use an IF statement to test the result:

    In this case, however, you cannot use VLOOKUP as you need to lookleft
    instead of right. If you can change the order of the columns, you can, as I
    say, just use an IF statement to test the result

    eg.
    =IF( Vlookup(EnquiryNo., LookupRange,2,false) = EmpName,Vlookup(EnquiryNo.,
    LookupRange,2,false),"")

    --
    Rgds, Geoff

    "A crash reduces