Using SumProduct and Count To Calculate % Ranks

  1. #1
    SteveC
    Guest

    Using SumProduct and Count To Calculate % Ranks

    What formula should I use in Column C to return the % figures in Column C?

    This formula in Column C should rank in percent the numerical rank in Column
    B for Each Label indicated in Column A.

    For example, in the first row below, it shows that 4 in Col B is in the top
    57% of the 7 Xs in Col A. The manual formula is =4/7.

    Could you also explain generally what the sumproduct formula that should be
    used with this is doing in English? Thanks a lot!

    Col A Col B Col B
    X 4 57%
    X 7 100%
    X 2 29%
    X 1 14%
    X 5 71%
    X 6 86%
    X 3 43%
    XX 4 100%
    XX 2 50%
    XX 1 25%
    XX 3 75%
    XXX 1 14%
    XXX 3 43%
    XXX 6 86%
    XXX 4 57%
    XXX 7 100%
    XXX 2 29%
    XXX 5 71%
    XXXX 2 50%
    XXXX 3 75%
    XXXX 4 100%
    XXXX 1 25%

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Using SumProduct and Count To Calculate % Ranks

    You don't need SUMPRODUCT

    If these values start in row 2 and go down to row 25, then in col C use

    =B2/COUNTIF($A$2:$A$25,a2)

  3. #3
    macropod
    Guest

    Re: Using SumProduct and Count To Calculate % Ranks

    Hi Steve,

    Try:
    =B1/COUNTIF(A:A,A1)
    in C1 and copy down as far as needed. I can't see any need for a SUMPRODUCT
    solution.

    For an explanation of the COUNTIF function, input the formula and click on
    the 'Paste function' icon on the toolbar.

    Cheers

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    SteveC
    Guest

    Re: Using SumProduct and Count To Calculate % Ranks

    Thank you very much!

  5. #5
    SteveC
    Guest

    RE: Using SumProduct and Count To Calculate % Ranks

    Great! Thanks.