Dynamic Ranges--Multiple TableData??

  1. #1
    CrimsonPlague29
    Guest

    Dynamic Ranges--Multiple TableData??

    Hello,
    I have 4 seperate columns in one worksheet which I have create seperate
    pivot tabels for, I would like the columns corresponding to the pivot table
    to be dynamic. Do I make seperate Name for each set of data like below or can
    I make one Name capturing all the data.
    Need one for Customer, Parts, Priority also.

    Name: 'CCFeedback'!TableData

    Refers To:
    =OFFSET(CCFeedback1!$B$3,0,0,COUNTA(CCFeedback!$A:$A),1)

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Ranges--Multiple TableData??

    If you are on Excel 2003, you don't need any volatile formula in order
    to be dynamic. Just select the data range, including headers, and turn
    the range into a List by means of Data|List|Create List, then construct
    the pivot table from the list so created.

    Otherwise:

    Define TableData as referring to, assuming that the range of interest is
    in A:D, with A1:D1 housing headers...

    =CCFeedback!$A$2:INDEX(CCFeedback!$D$2:$D$65336,MATCH(REPT("z",255),CCFeedback!$A$2:$A$65336))

  3. #3
    CrimsonPlague29
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Ranges--Multiple TableData??

    Would this work if I am continously adding rows of data to the table, also
    many of the workstartoins are not using excel 2003(still using 97) would this
    process still work???

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Ranges--Multiple TableData??

    The List functionality is not available in the versions preceeding Excel
    2003. Reading a Excel 2003 list in an earlier version does not cause any
    trouble though. The list just becomes an ordinary range.