Combine 2 cells without using the CONCATENATE function

  1. #1
    JBG
    Guest

    Combine 2 cells without using the CONCATENATE function

    Help.
    I am importing .xls information into a custom / proprietary contact manager
    system.
    Problem is the Excel address information comes in 2 columns 1) the house
    number and 2) the street address. If I combine the columns using the
    CONCATENATE formula, the import does not work correctly. Is there a way to
    actually Move the cell information and combine them? Is there a Macro guru
    out there with a great answer? Any Help?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Combine 2 cells without using the CONCATENATE function

    What if you concatenate them as you want, then copy them and paste special
    as values in place and then delete the original 2 columns?

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JBG
    Guest

    Re: Combine 2 cells without using the CONCATENATE function

    I actually thought I tried this, but it looks like this will work perfect.
    Thanks a lot for your answer.