Extract Specific Text

  1. #1
    mjmoore
    Guest

    Extract Specific Text

    I have a mailing list that has a line in each address that looks like
    the examples below:

    Anchorage, AK 99523-2416

    Montville, NJ 07045-9601

    San Francisco, CA 94110-5368

    I would like to put the state abbreviation in the column next to it so
    I can sort by state. Ideally I wuld like to break out the city, state
    and zip. The state is the essential piece.

    Michael

    --
    mjmoore

  2. #2
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: Extract Specific Text

    mjmoore

    First, search/replace comma with nothing
    Then, text to columns.

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3