formula/function that prints only positve numbers

  1. #1
    Kara Hoover
    Guest

    formula/function that prints only positve numbers

    I have a overtime worksheet, but I only want the computed totals above 40
    hours to print in the Overtime column (not the negative numbers). Is there a
    formula-function that will provide such??

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: formula/function that prints only positve numbers

    Try the MAX function.

    =MAX(A1,0)

    This returns the larger of the two values A1 or 0. Thus, if A1 is ever
    negative, 0 will be returned. You can substitute whatever formula you're
    currently using for A1.

    Another option, if you don't want 0's, is an IF Statement.

    =IF(A1<=0,"",A1)

    This states that if A1 (or your formula) is less than or equal to 0, return
    a blank (double quotes), otherwise return the value of A1.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Kara Hoover
    Guest

    RE: formula/function that prints only positve numbers

    THANK YOU...THANK YOU...