Adding zero's to Time formated cell

  1. #1

    Adding zero's to Time formated cell

    I have a series of values(expressed in time format 00:00:00) but for some reason some only appear as 00:00, which is fine but i want to just add the preceding zeros to the existing values. For example if i had the following values:

    01:00:00
    01:00
    02:00

    but i wanted it to look like:

    01:00:00
    00:01:00
    00:02:00

    How could i do that using a formula? Thanks,

  2. #2
    Ian Digby
    Guest

    RE: Adding zero's to Time formated cell

    Under Tools Format Cells there is a "Time" format like the one you require.
    If you want to format the cells as text with a formula you can use:
    "=TEXT(A1,"hh:mm:ss")"
    Hope this helps
    Ian
    --
    Work performed in the spirit of service is worship...Baha''i Writings

  3. #3
    what about if some of them appear as such:

    :05:00
    :03:00

    How can i get the "HH" to show up as Zero's?

    b/c some of the data set already have the ":" before the first value and i can't get it to show up as "hh:mm:ss".

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Adding zero's to Time formated cell

    "Browner" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > what about if some of them appear as such:
    >
    > :05:00
    > :03:00
    >
    > How can i get the "HH" to show up as Zero's?
    >
    > b/c some of the data set already have the ":" before the first value
    > and i can't get it to show up as "hh:mm:ss".

    Are you sure that the cells aren't formatted as text, rather than as times?
    You may need to convert from text to times before your format will work.
    --
    David Biddulph