How to use just the graphing capabilities of MS Excel?

  1. #1
    Christopher Blue
    Guest

    How to use just the graphing capabilities of MS Excel?

    Is there a way to use Excel's graphing capability without using most of
    Excel itself? Like an embedded object sort of deal?

  2. #2
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: How to use just the graphing capabilities of MS Excel?

    Hi
    you could always copy the created graph in another application (e.g. MS
    Word) or insert a MS gchart objext directly in another application (e.g.
    Powerpoint)

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel

  3. #3
    Christopher Blue
    Guest

    Re: How to use just the graphing capabilities of MS Excel?

    I understand but I would like to call it from a program. Right now all I can
    do is open up an Excel worksheet that has a graph created out of external
    data (which my program modifies). It works but it has it's not as nice as
    using the graphing function directly.

  4. #4
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: How to use just the graphing capabilities of MS Excel?

    Hi
    for example in MS Word: 'Insert - Object' and choose 'Microsoft Chart Graph'

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to use just the graphing capabilities of MS Excel?

    Christopher -

    > using the graphing function directly.

    Do you mean using it "manually" from your program? You'd have to insert an Excel
    object or MSGraph object into your program. An OLE object opens in a parent
    application with the usual menu commands, so the user can "use" it.

    To do this automatically from your program, create an Excel object, make the chart,
    then copy the chart and insert it into your program.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services