I need the syntax for the cube root function in excel.

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    I need the syntax for the cube root function in excel.

    I am using a spreadsheet to automate a calculation requiring the cube root of
    a number.

    Thank you in advance,

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: I need the syntax for the cube root function in excel.

    =125^(1/3)

    =POWER(125,1/3)

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: I need the syntax for the cube root function in excel.

    Hi Andy,

    One way, the cube root of n:

    = n^(1/3)

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: I need the syntax for the cube root function in excel.

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:09:02 -0800, "Andy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I am using a spreadsheet to automate a calculation requiring the cube root of
    >a number.
    >
    >Thank you in advance,

    Algebra:

    =n^(1/3)

    n can be replaced by a number or a cell reference.

    --ron