Return Column header, if row value is > X

  1. #1
    kvail
    Guest

    Return Column header, if row value is > X

    I need to create a formula the looks at a row range for a value over
    $1,000,000 and if a cell in the row matches the criteria, return the header
    of that column that matches the cell...

    For example
    A B C D
    1 "What FY contains value >1,000,000?" __________
    2 FY01 FY02 FY03 FY04
    3 1,500 15,000 150,000 1,500,000

    DESIRED result in cell D1 should be FY04.

    Any solutions on how to write this formula? I'm sure it will be a nesting
    statement.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Return Column header, if row value is > X

    Copy this into D1:

    =INDEX(2:2,MATCH(TRUE,3:3>1000000,0))

    and then press ctrl/shift/enter. XL will automatically
    place {} around the formula to indicate that it's an
    array formula.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

    >2 FY01 FY02 FY03

    FY04

  3. #3
    kvail
    Guest

    Re: Return Column header, if row value is > X

    Jason, you are wonderful! Thank you it worked!