How can I reverse the order of a column of numbers . . .

  1. #1
    buckeye999
    Guest

    How can I reverse the order of a column of numbers . . .

    I want to turn a long column of numbers upsidedown so that the last entries
    become the first vice versa.

  2. #2
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: How can I reverse the order of a column of numbers . . .

    You could do this with a helper column.
    In a blank column next to the column you want to reverse:
    Type 1 in the first cell, 2 in the second cell.
    Then, select both cells and double-click on the Fill Handle to fill a series
    of increasing numbers. Then, Sort Desceding by the new column.
    When you are done, you can delete the helper column.

    tj

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: How can I reverse the order of a column of numbers . . .

    Say your list was in A1:A10. In B1 put this and fill down:

    =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA($A$1:$A$10)-COUNTA($A$1:A1),)

    or

    =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA($A$1:$A$10)-ROW(),)

    HTH
    Jason