Saving file to a specific folder

  1. #1
    richkim2000
    Guest

    Saving file to a specific folder

    I created a template form in Excel. However, when I save a completed form,
    the save menu automatically brings up My Documents. I continually have to
    navigate to the specific folder I want to save to. This is a pain to do this
    all the time.

    How do I adjust the template's properties to automatically choose the
    specific folder to save to?

  2. #2
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: Saving file to a specific folder

    Look at the Subject: Saving file to a specific folder topic a couple of spots
    down for a couple of ideas.

    tj

  3. #3
    Philippines
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office Professional Plus 2010

    Re: Saving file to a specific folder

    Hello Guys, I am newbie in this forum sorry for intercepting this thread. I'm proud to say that I learned some of macros posted here. I'd like some of your ideas to please could anyone help me with my macro? I got a workbook with a lot of worksheets, I tried many coded here to solve but this code below it seems okay for me as per the designed of the code but the problem is that, when I close excel and open it again it comes back to the default file location setting. What I want to be happen is that I need the exact save file location whoever user will be use and save it Eg. Sheet1. Thank you so much in advance.

    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    Dim filename As String
    Dim SavePath As String

    Worksheets("Invoice Approval (Kazeem)").Activate
    filename = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:="Kazeem2016", _
    FileFilter:="PDF Files (*.pdf), *.pdf", _
    Title:="Please add month and date for the file sequence number")

    If filename <> "False" Then
    With ActiveWorkbook
    SavePath = "\\SERVER\Newsharing\Salesman's Invoice File\" & Trim(Format(Date, "dddd"))
    .Worksheets("Invoice Approval (Kazeem)").Range("A1:N41").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, _
    filename:=filename, _
    Quality:=xlQualityStandard, _
    IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
    IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _
    OpenAfterPublish:=False
    End With

  4. #4
    Forum Expert Sam Capricci's Avatar
    Palm Harbor, Florida
    MS-Off Ver
    16.84 for Mac MS 365
    Posts
    8,499

    Re: Saving file to a specific folder

    Neburhood, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately your post violates two forum rules. Posting your issue on another's post and posting codes without using code tags.
    Please check the forum rules then if you have a question start your own post.
    thanks.
    Make contributors happy, click on the "* Add Reputation" as a way to say thank you.
    Sam Capricci