excel to get data from an access database

  1. #1
    confused
    Guest

    excel to get data from an access database

    I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function
    from an excel table.

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: excel to get data from an access database

    In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query
    needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise,
    all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use
    filters to restrict the set of record.

    If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one
    for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the
    Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record source
    instead of the table.

    Hope this helps |:>)