Autofill Formulae

  1. #1
    system_d
    Guest

    Autofill Formulae

    Hoping someone can help me to solve my dilemma.

    My spreadsheet has two worksheets. One worksheet has a list of numeric
    values running vertically, and I am trying to transplant them onto the master
    worksheet running horizontally.

    eg on the secondary worksheet A1=5, A2=6, A3=8 etc
    on the master sheet, A1 ='secondaryworksheet'A1 and B1
    ='secondaryworksheet'A2 etc

    The problem comes when I try to autofill across on the master spreadsheet.
    Excel does not seem to recognise the sequence (I think it may be because of
    the horizontal/vertical factor). I have tried to use absolute reference to
    lock the column letter, but the numbers still do not go up in sequence.

    Due to the size of the spreadsheet (5mb so far - so a lot of data) it is not
    practical to manually fix all of the formulae. Does any have a suggestion
    that might help?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Autofill Formulae

    Hi,
    can you use TRANSPOSE() function and Array enter (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) it?
    OJ

  3. #3

    Re: Autofill Formulae

    ....if not this formula will do it...

    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN(),0)

    Copy it across the columns you want replace where Sheet1 is the
    Secondary sheet.
    OJ

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Autofill Formulae

    One way

    In the master sheet:

    Put in A1:

    =OFFSET(secondaryworksheet!$A$1,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)

    Copy A1 across as many cols as you have rows to extract from
    "secondaryworksheet".

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Autofill Formulae

    Oops, think the formula given* was an overkill <g>

    This shorter one suffices for the purpose:

    Put in A1:

    =OFFSET(secondaryworksheet!$A$1,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,)

    Copy A1 across as many cols as you have rows to extract from
    "secondaryworksheet".

    *It's meant for copying across and down to transpose what's in
    "secondaryworksheet".

    --
    Rgds
    Max