Tricky pivot configuration

  1. #1
    Alan
    Guest

    Tricky pivot configuration

    I have a workbook that I am convert into a pivot table. The problem is that
    the data is formatted as follows:

    Audio Geer Store #117 San Bernardino
    9125 East Hospitality Lane
    San Bernardino, CA 92408
    Store Mgr: Carl Callek
    Phone: 909-383-5700
    Fax: 909-889-0770

    I want to be able to have the store number and address info "stick together"
    when selecting the "Audio Geer" from the pivot table [it is in the "page
    location"]
    Merging the cells does not work, and when there are 150 entries for
    addresses [data on the right, above], the data gets jumbled.

    If you cant point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

    Thanks

    Alan

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Tricky pivot configuration

    I'm not sure that I understand what you're trying to do, or how your
    source data table is arranged.

    However, if you put the Store and Address fields in the row area, they
    should stay connected. If you have them in the page area, and select a
    store, all the addresses will be in the dropdown list, instead of just
    the relevant addresses.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List