Importing Data & Refresh Data

  1. #1
    George
    Guest

    Importing Data & Refresh Data

    I have for some time updating a worksheet in Excel 2002 from a CSV file. The
    source of that file has now switched from comma separated to tab separated. I
    can't seem to prevent Excel from trying to read the file wrong. I can't even
    import the tab-separated file into a blank worksheet within the same Excel
    file. How do I cancel out Excel's inappropriate knowledge of the file so that
    I can tell it about the tab-separated version?

    Thank you, George

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Importing Data & Refresh Data

    Is the extension of the file still ".csv"? If so, change it to
    ".txt" and use the Text Import wizard to import the file
    properly.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    George
    Guest

    Re: Importing Data & Refresh Data

    I tried that. The problem seems to be that I can't get back to the original
    wizzard dialogue to tell it that the separaters aren't commas.

  4. #4
    George
    Guest

    Re: Importing Data & Refresh Data

    I forgot to say thanks. Also I can't get the Text Import wizard to start up
    so that I can change the rules.

    George