establishing the background colour of a cell

  1. #1
    ac512
    Guest

    establishing the background colour of a cell

    I am trying to count the cells in my worksheet which have a red background
    colour. Is there anyway of determining the background colour of a cell?

    Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: establishing the background colour of a cell

    Have a look at

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    Rowan

  3. #3
    ac512
    Guest

    RE: establishing the background colour of a cell

    Thanks very much for your very helpful response Rowan!
    Much appreciated

  4. #4
    Jack Sons
    Guest

    Re: establishing the background colour of a cell

    Rowan

    xlDynamic uses the function ColorIndex which appears not to be available in
    my Excel 2000. I use the Dutch version but when I have the English formula
    =ColorIndex(A1) automatically translated with the code below I get the error
    message #NAME? What now?

    Sub TranslateFormula()
    Dim sTemp As String

    sTemp = InputBox("Type the formula in English, with the leading equal
    sign:")
    ActiveCell.Formula = sTemp
    End Sub

    Jack Sons
    The Netherlands

    "Rowan" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: establishing the background colour of a cell

    Jack

    The ColorIndex Function is a user defined function and is not available in any
    version of Excel.

    Copy it from Bob's site to a workbook.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP