XML file extensions

  1. #1
    Rowan
    Guest

    XML file extensions

    I have a machine with Excel 2003 Pro installed. Whenever I create an XML
    file in any directory on the hard drive (created from SQL Server Database via
    Visual Studio) the XML file is automatically converted to an Excel 4.0 Macro
    file. It is then no longer recognised as an XML file.

    It would appear that somehow XML files are associated with Excel
    automatically. Can I turn this off?

    TIA
    Rowan

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: XML file extensions

    Ignore me, I coded the file extension as XLM by mistake - which of course is
    an Excel 4.0 Macro!!!

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest