Need formula for cumulative data-using prior worksheet (YTD)

  1. #1
    travchev
    Guest

    Need formula for cumulative data-using prior worksheet (YTD)

    I am looking for the function to use to be able to calculate data using the
    prior worksheet, vs an absolute function using the same sheet.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Need formula for cumulative data-using prior worksheet (YTD)

    Excel doesn't support relative sheet referencing; that is, you
    can't write a formula like

    =PreviousSheet!A1

    You'll either have to hard code the previous sheet's name, or use
    VBA to get the name of the previous sheet and incorporate that in
    to an INDIRECT function. E.g.,

    Function PreviousSheet() As String
    PreviousSheet = Application.Caller.Parent.Previous.Next.Name
    End Function

    =INDIRECT(PreviousSheet & "!A1")

    --
    Cordially,