> ???

  1. #1
    abfabrob
    Guest

    > ???

    What does > mean in a formula?
    --
    Rob,
    Teesside,
    UK

  2. #2
    Pank Mehta
    Guest

    RE: > ???

    It means greater than.

    i.e. A>B would equate to A greater than B.

    < means Less than

    HTH

    Pank

  3. #3
    Bart Snel
    Guest

    Re: > ???

    I though I was a newbie :-)

    Bigger than; A>B means A is bigger than B.

    Bart Snel

    "abfabrob" <[email protected]_SPAM> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: > ???

    How does everyone know so much about excel? It confuses me!

    Thanks for your help today,
    --
    Rob,
    Teesside,

  5. #5
    Bart Snel
    Guest

    Re: > ???

    I've always found that the more I know about something, the more I realise
    how little I know. In that light, your confusion tells me you've learned a
    lot today!

    Welcome.

  6. #6
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: > ???

    I have indeed! Except for the #DIV/0! error. think I will just leave it in
    there. The cell still displays the correct answer when data is entered, so no
    worries.

    Thanks again,
    --
    Rob,
    Teesside,

  7. #7
    patrick
    Guest

    Re: > ???

    This error appears when the formula is dividing by 0 or a blank cell.
    As soon as you enter data in the formula target cell, you will get the
    correct result. You can eliminate the error from showing for blank cells by
    using an IF statement. eg. =If(A1>1,Your formula,"") The"" is a Null. So
    the IF statement reads, If A1 is not blank, then do your formula, If A1 is
    blank, then show a blank! This hides your #DIV/0 error.
    Excel is a wonderful tool and I agree the more you learn about it the less
    you know. Have fun with it.
    Pat F

  8. #8
    abfabrob