Can I convert a column into a row?

  1. #1
    Lenworth
    Guest

    Can I convert a column into a row?

    Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in
    different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be simple,
    but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!!

  2. #2
    Mangesh
    Guest

    Re: Can I convert a column into a row?

    Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control
    C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit > Paste Special.
    Select transpose. Click ok.

    - Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can I convert a column into a row?

    And note that there only 256 columns in a sheet so you cannot transpose more
    than that to a row.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP