how to automatically color a cell

  1. #1
    jacko
    Guest

    how to automatically color a cell

    can i do that? my requirement is, based on a criteria (IF), if the criteria
    is true then color the cell with color (any color)

    Example: IF(A4=A5,red_color,no_fill)

    if color code is required in this, pls do help to let me know how to get the
    color code too...

    billion thanks to expert out there

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: how to automatically color a cell

    Hi
    Have a look at Format|Conditional Formatting. Look here for an intro:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...