How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge?

  1. #1
    Brynn Wilson
    Guest

    How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge?

    I have a document in Word and a document in Excel that I am using in a mail
    merge. When I merge the documents the format that I have the date in does not
    stay the same. I want the date to show up like, June 9, 2005 and what it
    comes up with is 6/9/2005. Is there anything I can do about this? The only
    thing I have found is to merge and then change the date format but then I
    can't get the date that I want, there are certain options that I have to pick
    from. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge?

    use a date switch in Word. See "Date-Time Picture (\@) field switch" in
    Word Help.

    For instance, if the XL field is named MyDate,

    { MERGEFIELD MyDate \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" }