extract comments

  1. #1
    HJC
    Guest

    extract comments

    I have an online survey which puts all of the results into a SS; some of the
    survey responses are numbers, which are easy to deal with; some of the
    either from the whole worksheet or one line at a time and have it go into a
    word file?

    Many thanks!!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: extract comments

    Have you tried copy and paste, or mail merge to Word?
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    HJC
    Guest

    Re: extract comments

    I know that I could do that - but am looking for something to automate the
    process more - each survey result has 4 or 5 essay responses and there may be

  4. #4

    Re: extract comments

    Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord

  5. #5
    HJC
    Guest

    Re: extract comments

    Thank you - that is a good thought; unfortunately the macro works only on
    comments that are inserted into a spreadsheet - what I am looking for is
    something similar that bring text written into a cell into a word document.

  6. #6

    Re: extract comments

    I was confused about the word "comments".

    Borrowing heavily from Debra's code:

    Option Explicit
    Sub CopyValuesToWord()

    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim WdApp As Object

    Set myRng = Selection 'or whatever range you want...

    On Error Resume Next
    Set WdApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
    Err.Clear
    Set WdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    End If

    With WdApp
    .Visible = True
    .Documents.Add DocumentType:=0

    For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
    .Selection.TypeText myCell.Value
    .Selection.TypeParagraph
    Next
    End With

    Set WdApp = Nothing

    End Sub

  7. #7
    HJC
    Guest

    Re: extract comments

    WOW - that is fantastic - works like a charm - just what I needed! I truly
    appreciate your help with this - I know just enough to be dangerous so am
    really happy to have your help!!

  8. #8

    Re: extract comments

    Debra did nice work. I only copied and made some minor changes.

    But I'm sure she appreciates the thanks.

    ps. You may want to bookmark her site. It's full of lots of nice info.