select data and print in a new excel document

  1. #1
    hemi1
    Guest

    select data and print in a new excel document

    I have 5 columns - i want to sort out 4 of them and then print into a new
    document. For ex. i would sort based on col 2 (which contained codes 1, 2, 3,
    and 4) i want to print all the data whose code begins with let's say 2; and
    then maybe tomorrow I would need to print all the data whose code begins with
    3, etc. based on my current needs.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: select data and print in a new excel document

    Seems to me you should maybe consider a mail merge. Then you won't have to
    mess with your Excel file so much.
    http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: select data and print in a new excel document

    You can use an AutoFilter to show only specific data from your table.
    There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

    You could hide the fifth column, or set a print area that doesn't
    include it.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List