Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box

  1. #1
    Jon
    Guest

    Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box

    Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so
    that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases,
    the row height will also increase?

    I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make
    the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to
    do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height
    increases).

  2. #2
    Jon
    Guest

    RE: Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box

    Not too complicate things too much, but I was also hoping to do this within a
    protected sheet.

  3. #3
    France
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box

    I've got the exact same problem. it is possible to add a ActiveX textbox and do

    sub textbox_Change
    rows(1).rowheight=textbox.height
    end sub

    but the ActiveX version of autosize changes the width as well as the height so I cant use it (anyway I would rather use the form control).

    Anybody has a solution ?