creating a pivot table w/ ranges from 2 worksheets

  1. #1
    tl
    Guest

    creating a pivot table w/ ranges from 2 worksheets

    would someone please tell me how to create a pivot table from 2 worksheets
    instead of combining all data in one. The problem is the source fields. I'd
    like to see my column headings but instead the source fields show up as Row,
    Column, Value. I'd like to know how to get my column headings to be my
    source fields so I can arrange them in a pivot table. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: creating a pivot table w/ ranges from 2 worksheets

    You can create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, but, as
    you discovered, you don't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get
    from a single range. There's an example here:

    If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, or in a database,
    and you'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List