local support files

  1. #1
    DKS
    Guest

    local support files

    I would like to get help in Excel 2003 without going off to the web each
    time. Is there a way to install help file locally? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Re: local support files

    Maybe it's just excel going off to the web to help.

    If you've installed the help system (during installation), you can tell excel to
    stop trying to go off to MS by:

    Tools|Options|General Tab|Click the Service Options Button
    Select Online Content from the Category box.
    Turn off what you want to turn off.

    You could also get to this same dialog via:
    help|microsoft excel help|Online Content settings|online Content category