sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email

  1. #1
    mismarple
    Guest

    sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email

    I have a handed down assignment to collect weekly employee whereabouts of
    300+ in a spreadsheet. Currently the spreadsheet is updated each week by
    sending out an e-mail asking for state, city, client, and contact # (example:
    PA, Glenside, Rohm Haas, 555-555-5555). When the info is received by me I
    must cut and paste the info from the e-mail into an excel spreadsheet per
    that employee's name. There has got to be a better way. I am not a programmer
    but I am application savvy. HELP This takes way to much time the way it is
    done currently.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email

    Hi mismarple

    See ****'s site
    http://www.*****-clicks.com/excel/olRetrieving.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    mismarple
    Guest

    RE: sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email

    Thank you for the information. It sounds like it could be very helpful in
    streamlining the project. I am NOT a programmer and know very little about
    creating macros, etc. In order to use the information given I think I would
    need a more hands-on source to walk me through it.

    I should have included in my question that I cannot program and I am looking
    for a intermediate solution rather than an advanced one.

    Thank you for your time and knowledge! It is much appreciated.