Excel won't open Files directly

  1. #1
    LRI
    Guest

    Excel won't open Files directly

    Hi,

    For some reason Excel won't open files directly from windows explorer or
    the desktop, or anywhere actually. To open I file I need to open Excel,
    then go File>Open. Then I need to browse my server here at worker to find
    the file and open it. On my desktop I have links to files and these also
    don't open. Just to clarify the problem exist with files on my local
    machine too, not just files on the server.

    Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Excel won't open Files directly

    Often, this is a result of having the "ignore other applications" checkbox
    checked under Tools-->Options, General tab.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: Excel won't open Files directly

    Hi

    Try this. Go to Tools / Options / General tab. Uncheck 'Ignore Other
    Applications'.

    Andy.