How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

  1. #1
    Gimbalman
    Guest

    How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

    I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns 'top-to
    tail', so that, for example, row 1 becomes row 1000 and vice-versa. This does
    not fit the usual 'sort' criteria, as cell content is not relevant to the
    order. Am I missing a simple trick here?

  2. #2
    Pete at Sappi Fine Paper
    Guest

    RE: How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

    Just insert a new column and fill it with the numbers 1 to 1000 (or however
    many rows you have). There are several quick ways of doing this. Then sort
    (descending) by that column. Then delete that column.

  3. #3
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

    Add a column immediately next to the data, with the numbers 1, 2, ....
    Then sort descending.

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides