Time problem - Help please

  1. #1
    Edinbro - scotland

    Exclamation Time problem - Help please

    Hi all

    I am currently temping for a agency and the time logging system they use is a bit dodjy to say the least.

    I log in using a e-trac asp system (their clock is fast by 5.43 mins ) and the logging is to the minute but the agency round the time to the closest 15mins!

    Can I get my exel spreadsheet to round time to the closest 15 mins
    e.g. 09:00 - 09:07 = 09:00 & 09:08 - 09:15 = 09:15

    Help please
    as i lost half an hour of pay last week to this dodgy system

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Time problem - Help please

    RP

    "sawagashi" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Time problem - Help please

    ==ROUND(A2*96,0)/96

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Time problem - Help please

    Oh, and format as time.

  5. #5
    Edinbro - scotland
    Thanks

    Works great!

  6. #6
    Detroit, MI
    Okay Bob, I'll confess, I was trying a different approach (much more complicated) and I don't understand where the "96" in your formula comes from. Can you enlighten me?
    Neopolitan (Florida Dreaming)

  7. #7
    PeterAtherton
    Guest

    Re: Time problem - Help please

    "neopolitan" wrote:

    > Okay Bob, I'll confess, I was trying a different approach (much more
    > complicated) and I don't understand where the "96" in your formula
    > comes from. Can you enlighten me?

    I suppose youv'e worked it out, but 24 hours times 4 quarters (24*4) = 96

    Regards
    Peter

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Time problem - Help please

    Time is held as a fraction of a day, so to round to an hour, we multiply by
    24, to a half-hour by 48 (24*2), to a quarter-hour by 96 (24*4). This number
    is rounded, and then divided by the original multiplier to get it back to
    the same scale as starting at.

    RP

    "neopolitan" <[email protected]> wrote