Number of worksheet tabs as cell value? ie 4 work sheets = 4 cell value

  1. #1

    Number of worksheet tabs as cell value? ie 4 work sheets = 4 cell value

    well i got the tab name as cell value worked out now i just need the
    total number of tabs to = a cell value. ie sheet name = PAGE OF
    number of sheets = PAGES in a workbook.

    so four sheets named 1,2,3 and 4 would show as

    1 of 4
    2 of 4
    3 of 4
    4 of 4

    on the individual sheets. any help is greatly appreciated I CAN ALMOST
    SMELL VICTORY! ;0)

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Number of worksheet tabs as cell value? ie 4 work sheets = 4 cell value

    Try a UDF

    Function SheetId()
    SheetId = Application.Caller.Parent.Index & _
    " of " & ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
    End Function

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Number of worksheet tabs as cell value? ie 4 work sheets = 4 cell value

    i pasted the code in the vb area now do i make the cell value
    =SheetId()

    i have tried it and it doesn't like the "name" it says

    do i define SheetId?

    THanks