Pivot table and running total

  1. #1
    PaulGG
    Guest

    Pivot table and running total

    I have a table with Columns: Region, Client, Date, and quantity.
    Using a pivot table I want to see per Region the quantity each Clients
    bought or sold.
    The problem I have is I can't figure out how to view a running total per
    region.
    You can view at this URL "http://members.freemail.ch/paulg/pivottable.gif"
    a picture of how I would want to see it (in yellow) and the table it comes
    from.
    Actual data has at least 20 different regions and 60 or so clients.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table and running total

    You could do a running total using Client as the Base field, to run the
    total vertically, per client. The grand total for Rows would show the
    overall running total.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    PaulGG
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table and running total

    Thanks for the suggestion but I want the grand total for columns to show the
    overall running total. i.e. per month.
    Is there any way to do this?