Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Insert a line and maintain formatting

  1. #1
    Daniel
    Guest

    Insert a line and maintain formatting

    Hi

    I have Excel 2002, how do I insert a line and maintain the formatting
    sequence of the cells above and below where I have
    inserted the line.

    thanks

    Daniel

  2. #2
    Bev and Rob Boon
    Guest

    Re: Insert a line and maintain formatting

    Hi Daniel
    Insert the row needed and then choose the row above click on the format
    painter and then click on the row you just inserted. All cells in the row
    will pick up the formatting of the row above.

    Cheers
    Rob

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Insert a line and maintain formatting

    Hi Daniel,
    If you format entire columns, which I believe is more efficient, you
    don't need to copy anything.

    If you want to extend the formulas and Extend Formulas option
    is not working for you, then take a look at
    Insert rows and maintain formulas
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
    ---
    HTH,

    "Bev and Rob Boon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Hi Daniel
    > Insert the row needed and then choose the row above click on the format
    > painter and then click on the row you just inserted. All cells in the row
    > will pick up the formatting of the row above.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Rob
    >
    > "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have Excel 2002, how do I insert a line and maintain the formatting
    > > sequence of the cells above and below where I have
    > > inserted the line >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Daniel

Closed Thread