diagonal line and data input

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    diagonal line and data input

    I have created a cell and added a diagonal line across the cell, from bottom
    left to top right corner. How can I enter data into the two divided areas?
    Example:
    I have column that has Set/Reps as the column heading, and want to enter 2
    in one top left corner and 10 in the bottom right hand corner of a cell.
    I am using Excel 2003
    Thanks
    John

  2. #2

    Re: diagonal line and data input

    You could fiddle using alt-enters and spacebars. But remember that this will
    make using the contents of each part of that cell a lot more difficult. If I
    were you, I wouldn't do it. Just use a couple of cells.

  3. #3
    Mark Lincoln
    Guest

    Re: diagonal line and data input

    Alternatively, if these are just labels you could format cells as Text
    and enter the Set/Reps info this way:

    4 / 10

  4. #4
    John
    Guest

    RE: diagonal line and data input

    Thanks for the replys. Seem silly that the option of putting the line in and
    then not having a way to input the data into the cell. But thanks for the
    help. John