Repost:Synchronizing two sheets within the same workbook

  1. #1

    Repost:Synchronizing two sheets within the same workbook

    Hi,

    I have two sheets within the same workbook, where I would like changes in one sheet to automatically also change the other sheet.

    It is not the entire sheet that should be synchronized, but rather a part of the sheet. To illustrate you might imagine a square in the middle of the sheet, which needs to change accordingly with the other sheet such that if a line is inserted in sheet 1, it is also inserted in sheet 2.

    The import external data function can actually synchronize between sheets, by updating on the refresh button, I would like a similar functionality within the workbook.

    I hope someone will know what to do here.

    Thx. in advance.

    Lars

  2. #2

    Re: Repost:Synchronizing two sheets within the same workbook

    Personally, I wouldn't do it.

    You'll end up having to depend on macros and if macros are disabled (or events
    are disabled), your data will soon be out of sync--and you may not notice it.
    In fact, if something happens that you didn't program for, then you could be
    screwing something up.

    How about an alternative:

    Keep your live data in one worksheet--that's where the data entry will be done.

    Then select that range
    Edit|Copy
    Select the area on the other sheet where this should be displayed.
    Shift-Edit|Paste picture link

    The picture will update automatically when the original data changes (which is
    nice). But any calculations will need to point at the original range--not the
    picture.

  3. #3
    wow interesting.. thx. I didn't know that functionality. That might do the trick