Insert "0" where null

  1. #1
    MSWEENEY
    Guest

    Insert "0" where null

    I want to do something that is probably simple. I have a worksheet
    with a lot of empty cells. I want a "0" inserted into every cell that
    is empty or null.

    How do I do that?

  2. #2
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: Insert "0" where null

    MSWEENEY

    Select the range in question (if you do the entire sheet, it will take lots
    of time and memory)

    Edit/Replace (leave blank) with 0, match entire cell.

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Insert "0" where null

    It depends..........if your "empty" cells are just that, "empty" having
    nothing in them at all, then just copy and paste zeros into them..........it
    they are empty by result of formulas using the "" entry, then just replace it
    with a 0 in the formulas........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Insert "0" where null

    Select the entire range, do Edit / Go To / Special / Blank Cells Only, then
    type a 0 and hit CTRL+ENTER to enter it into every blank cell.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03