Find all results dialog box

  1. #1
    Judy F
    Guest

    Find all results dialog box

    I cannot figure out how to change the column headings that are displayed in
    the search results dialog box when using Find All. Is there a way to change
    the column headings so it will display what we need to see? Thanks for your
    time!

  2. #2

    Re: Find all results dialog box

    I don't think you can change that dialog.

    You could write your own routine to search and display whatever you need.

  3. #3
    Judy F
    Guest

    Re: Find all results dialog box

    Thanks Dave, I was afraid of that. I'm something of a novice when it comes
    to Excel, so I apologize for my ignorance in advance even while I ask for
    more of your help.

    How would I write my own routine to search and display?

    Again, thank you!

  4. #4

    Re: Find all results dialog box

    Instead of guessing, what do you want to display?

  5. #5
    Judy F
    Guest

    Re: Find all results dialog box

    I have a spreadsheet of approximately 2,000+ publications my staff needs to
    quickly search to locate the appropriate publication to answer our clients'
    phone questions. There is a lot of information included in the spreadsheet
    that the staff doesn't need displayed and, of course, THAT is the information
    that shows in the Find All results! What I'd like to do is select 4-5
    columns of information within my spreadsheet to display when they do a Find
    All search. They only need the publication name, number, cost, and
    occasionally the publisher, of the publication. I have no problem changing
    the column order (if that makes any difference) in my spreadsheet.

    When I do a Find All search it now displays the name of the book (don't need
    displayed), sheet (don't need displayed), name (which comes up blank), cell
    (I don't care if this is displayed or not), and value (the content of a
    column I have named Keywords).

    Too much information? I truly do appreciate any help you can pass along.

  6. #6

    Re: Find all results dialog box

    I'm guessing that you'll be searching in a single column and wanting to see 4-5
    columns that are always the same column.

    If that's true, you may be able to get by just by using Data|Filter|autofilter.

    You can filter the publication column to show just what their looking for.
    You'll see all the columns that way.

    If that doesn't work for you, you'll have to share what columns to search (like
    column A) and what columns to show (like B & C, E, J, L).