Word could not parse your query options into a valid sql string

  1. #1
    Lizzzzzzzz
    Guest

    Word could not parse your query options into a valid sql string

    I'm doing a mail merge and getting this message come up when I try to filter
    the data. Theres nothing obviously wrong with my excel doc that im trying to
    attach to word, so i cant see what the problem could be.

  2. #2
    bahamareef
    Guest

    RE: Word could not parse your query options into a valid sql string

  3. #3
    bahamareef
    Guest

    RE: Word could not parse your query options into a valid sql string

    Sorry Lizzzzzz,

    I accidently sent you a blank reply.

    I too am having the same exact problem. Has anyone got back to you about
    this problem? For me the problem is inconsistent. Sometimes when I change the
    order of a complex filter statement with several levels of and's and or's the
    filter will work. How about for you? I'm using word 2003 how about you?

  4. #4
    Lizzzzzzzz
    Guest

    RE: Word could not parse your query options into a valid sql strin

    Hi

    No no-one has come up with an answer as yet. I do mail merges quite a lot
    and this has only ever happened once and its never happened since. I really
    don't think I did anything differently do what I normally do.

    I can't actually remember now what I was trying to filter out etc, but yes I
    am also using word 2003.

    So if anyone else has ever seen this message please help out!
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    6,195